Monday, October 11, 2010

9/11

Greetings to you all.  Let me first apologize for the long hiatus I had to take.  This last week was insanity.  This post is going to be more of a rant than a lesson, but I think you will understand why I was upset.  As many of you know, I work 2 jobs.  My main job as a Department Manager for Menards, and as a crew member at A.C.E.S. flight simulation (clearly my favorite). 

Well, over the weekend I was working at A.C.E.S.   What we do there is give people a great experience by running a flight simulation for them.   This past weekend, I had a group of kids who wanted to fly the F/A-18 Hornets.  We got them in and they were on their way to dogfighting history.  As their flight progressed and they flew farther away, one of the pilots came on a city.  He then rammed his aircraft into a building (deliberately) and was screaming "Twin Towers!  Ahhhhh!"  All the while laughing maniacally.  What the hell have we been teaching our kids that a horrific tradgedy like the events of 9/11 would be comical.  Do these children understand that nearly 4000 American men and women were murdered in a completely unprovoked attack on OUR SOIL? 

I was so angry.  I understand that they are there to have fun, but was that really necessary?  So for all of you out there, never forget 9/11!  It was a tragic day in our history not to be forgotten, and certainly not one to find comical.  Sorry about the rant, I'll have a new history lesson soon.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you led up to a new history lesson! :) How about a quick runthrough on our relationship with Saudi Arabia, why we're friends, how we really ticked them off after the first Gulf War -- and why the attack wasn't necessarily "unprovoked", though certainly ridiculously extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I should've put in a caveat about that. I'll hit more on 9/11 and the provocation leading up to it soon. Thanks oZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... That just makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete